Re: Accessing config parameters in define_proc code

    >> I'm sure that Bart will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty
    >> sure that the ability to use CDL variables like this was never
    >> implemented.
    >>

    Andrew> I think you are right. I found some documentation i didn't
    Andrew> know existed. host/libcdl/doc/*.sgml.

That is the Component Writer's Guide, which I think is still the
single largest piece of documentation in eCos. How could you miss it?

    Andrew> It says this is not implemented :-(

Unfortunately true, like many things it is on the TODO list.

For what you are trying to achieve, I believe the best solution is a
custom build step. That would run a Tcl script that reads in the
configuration header to get CYGDAT_REDBOOT_PASSWD and generates
a header file with the encrypted password, using whatever encryption
algorithm you want to use. The header file can then be #include'd as
usual. For an example of this sort of thing, see romfs.cdl in the ROM
file system package and look at how it runs file2c.tcl.

Rather more complicated than manipulating the CDL directly, but it
should work.

Bart