Re: Re: How to generate the binay file

Hi, Tim,

Sure I can generate the binary file before.(I am sorry not to make myself clear.)
But I cannot get it run on my EB40A. It seems there is the problem about memory layout.
The elf file can be executed in arm-elf-gdb, but the binary file cannot run.

I built ecos in default and the rom_vectors in target.ld is 0xC000. The bin cannot run.
Then I changed eCos HAL>ROM monitor support>work with a ROM monitor to behave as a ROM monitor.
And built ecos. Then the rom_vectors in target.ld is changed to 0x0100000 + 10000, still not run.
So I changed target.ld by hand remove + 10000, then the rom_vectors is changed to 0x01000000.
It seems ok. Then my bin runs but not completely: the serial port works well but the LEDs don't
work. I don't know why...

Yes, I am a newbie in atmel and I don't know much about ecos. I want to make clear how
to develop our AT91 with ecos and gnu tools so that we can have a free development solution
for the customer. So would you please help me?

Thanks a lot!!

Best Regards,
Lin Ming
2002-11-01