Re: debugging using redboot on iPAQ

Amit Tuljapurkar wrote:
Hi Gary,
I read your mail on ecos mailing list. I want to
debug
linux kernel running on iPAQ 3600.
I have installed redboot on the PDA, which
communicates with minicom/hyperterminal over serial.
How do I download & DEBUG the linux kernel on the
iPAQ
using REDBOOT?
Can u pl help me on this?
RedBoot can be used to boot Linux, but not debug it. The Linux kernel has its own GDB debugging stub for that. I'm pretty sure that stub is a standard part of familiar handheld linux releases.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine