Re: Re: Can eCos run RAM-startup on MIPS MALTA board?

Iztok Zupet <iztok.zupet@vsr.si> writes:

> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 03:03, Jimmy Zhang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw the following discussions regarding MIPS board. And want to make sure
> > one thing:
> >
> > my ecos.ecc has this line:
> >
> > #Startup type
> > #Currently only ROM startup type is supported.
> > cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP
> > {
> >
> > Is this true? Anybody has ever built RAM images for MIPS Malta board?
>
> Guess it's true. I don't know much about Malta boards, but it seems that in
> the time the eCos port was done, there must have been some reason for not
> implementing a RAM target.
>
> Am I wrong?

Initially the Malta board port was for RedBoot only. So that comment
is probably a hang over from that. The Malta eCos port was never
official -- no customer ever paid for it -- so it was never fully
tested and was only done in spare moments. So there may be lurking
problems in it.

--
Nick Garnett - eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.eCosCentric.com/