Samsung S3C45xx Platform Porting

I have been working with the Samsung SNDS100 development board.  Now I
am beginning to develop my own platform for our product.  I have discovered
that the Samsung SNDS100 eCos code (particularly the HAL) seems to have
merged the variant and platform into one.  The directory tree looks like

	packages/hal/arm/snds

I can either repeat the sin and create my new "platform" as a
variant-platform
merged thing as "packages/hal/arm/<my_variant-platform>, or seperate the
SNDS100 code into proper variant and platform, and add my new platform
there.
Such as:
	packages/hal/arm/s3c45xx/snds100		SNDS100 platform
	packages/hal/arm/s3c45xx/var			Common code
	packages/hal/arm/s3c45xx/<my-platform>	My platform

This seems to model what is done in the sa11x0 variant directory.
Has anyone else out there already done this for the Samsung ARM?  I'm sure
that there are others using the Samsung ARM processors, as I have seen posts
about the SNDS100 developent board.  What have they done?

My project doesn't really allow me the time to perform the SNDS100 platform
Samsung variant seperation, nor do I feel competent enough with eCos and the
CDL to do so.

For reference, Samsung renumbered their ARM processor models.
Here is the model number translation (as best as I can determine).
	Old part number		New part number
	KS32C5000A			S3C4500
	KS32C50100[AB]		S3C4510[AB]
	KS32C50300			S3C4530
These all seem to be treated as a single eCos variant, which is OK, since
there is a CDL option to select which one you are using.

Opinions requested.

Jay