Linux kernel and ramdisk

Hi
I am working on richfield IXP425 board,I would like to download the linux kernel Image into RAM using redboot and the ramdisk image at certain location,now please let me know how to configure the kernel to mount the ramdisk as root filesystem.How to let the kernel know the location where the ramdisk image is present in RAM.

RK