Re: global addressing in ecos

thanks for the reply, we've tried using the tcpdump to analyze the packets being sent out, and it seems as if the target cannot "read" the global prefix being sent to it. a lot of the tests fail with the "NUT address not configured" error.

only a small percentage of the tests pass, and these mostly involve link-local addressing only. a lot of the tests would fail if a multicast and/or global address is involved.

From: "Gary D. Thomas" <gary.thomas@mind.be>
To: matthew de veza <imdeveza@hotmail.com>
CC: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
Date: 08 Jan 2003 08:54:45 -0700

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 04:53, matthew de veza wrote:

> we've been testing an ecos target with the tahi test suite and the tests
> which involves autoconfiguration of global addresses seem to all be
> unsuccessful. i would really like to find out if the global address
> autoconfiguration feature/stateless address autoconfiguration feature which
> was ported from freebsd to ecos has been fully ported and is robust and
> functional. can anyone please help me?

I'm afraid you're somewhat on your own here. Red Hat pulled
the plug on the eCos project (dropped most of the developers)
before the IPv6 project was really complete, so there may
be many things that aren't quite working.

What have you tried? What works, what doesn't? Have you
tried to watch the traffic, e.g. using a network analyzer?

--
| Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development |

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail