Re: ecos license question.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:31:26PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Shannon Holland wrote:

[...]
> > As far as making code public, is giving my ecos changes back to the ecos
> > source tree/development group adequate or do I need to make the source
> > files available separately as well?
>
> That's probably adequate, as long as you tell the people who use your code
> that that's where it came from.
>
> By the strict definition of the GPL though, they _could_ ask for the exact
> sources you used to build with.

And that _is_ relevant, to reverse engineer what is exactly inside, and you
need to include the make files too:

  "... For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code
   for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files,
   plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable."

Peter

--
Peter.vandenabeele@mind.be - http://mind.be/