Re: Re: memory maps

Daniel Néri wrote:
But ultimately it needs a bigger overhaul so that, for example, the
various properties are exported into CDL too and can be used there.

How about using CDL itself (with some additions) to define the memory
maps? I don't see why there should be several configuration languages.
I don't know if Bart has any grand plans in this area, but it could get very messy very quickly, with each section requiring its own set of booleans for where it is, if it's relocating, what it relocates after, whether it joins onto the next section or the previous.

That plus a necessity to allow general symbols and linker expressions to be added to the linker script would probably make for well over a hundred separate configuration "options" for _each_ memory layout. Maybe 600 for a HAL.

ecos.ecc's are intractable enough right now as it is!

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine