Re: Building stubs for ADDER - MPC850 board

Qiang Huang wrote:
Gary,

  Redboot also has the same problem.

  We used the configuration tool as you explained in your
previous reply,
    templates-> Hardware = A&M Adder PPC850 board
and
   Packages = Stubs/Redboot.

  The problems occurred at the time of building, after
successful configuration.
Use a clean build tree. I think you must have changed something in your configuration. That said the adder is defined as (the default) MPC860 target in the MPC8xx HAL which isn't right. It should "require" MPC850, and the quicc package ifdefs adjusted since MPC850's presumably have QUICCs.

So if you changed it by hand from mpc860 to mpc850 because that is what the hardware is, then while that's correct, it is what would cause the problem.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine