Re: compiling code using posix functions.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 06:03:17PM -0800, Chaitanya Vakkalanka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was adding the elix package to the build. (I did it
> many ways..using elix template, 'all' template and
> posix template different times.)
> It's building fine with no errors. But when I compile
> it shows some parse errors in some header files as
> shown below:
> Invalid token in expressions
> ../include/cyg/posix/muttypes.h:86,89
> ../include/cyg/infra/cyg_type.h:257
> ../include/sys/cdefs.h:152
> When I see in these files I found long lines separated
> with a \ and that's what was causing the problem. When
> I delete the '\' and compile the program again it's
> showing thousands of errors in many other files like
> parse errors etc.

\ are perfectly legal and in this care required. Get a clean version
of that file again since you have now corrupted it. Are you on a M$
system? If so, make sure you have your line endings correct. Make sure
you have the mount types correct. There is plenty of help about this
subject on the website.

        Andrew