Re: ecos porting

sachin k wrote:
hi,
I have got the my ecos source updated through cvs. I wanted to configue the kernel for the snds board but I am unable to find the ecosconfig tool and I downloaded the new ecosconfig tool but it dumping the core. Atleast tell me the steps to follow after the cvs updation.
thanking you,
The step is to use the new ecosconfig tool! If that doesn't work, then this isn't good :-|. You could try running GDB on it to see if it indicates where the segfault is.

It could be some incompatibility with your system - you could try building it yourself. For that you need to check out the ecos-host CVS module (i.e. same command as before in the same place, but instead of specifying the "ecos" module, specify "ecos-host"). There's a readme in the host directory that is then created.

Also make sure you have all the system updates for red hat linux 7.1 - run up2date.

Our of interest I have used that ecosconfig on a red hat linux 7.1 machine without problems so it's not clear what the problem is.

Finally, please keep this on the ecos-discuss list in case other people have had the same problem. Plus we sell individual one-to-one commercial support - anything we do for free is at our disgression, and should be kept on the list!

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine