How can I use diag_printf() in ecos ram application? thanks

Hi all:
    I have made a port for EPXA1 altera board(ARM9) (RedBoot as well), but
when I launched my ram startup ecos application, and run to
diag_printf("hello everyone") there is no output from the console (I used
Insight GDB and I can't see any output from the console windows).

void cyg_user_start(void)
{
	diag_printf("Hello everyone!!");
}

I wonder will be possible the something wrong with the mangler? I don't
quite understand the protocol between the Insight and the RedBoot. could
anybody give me a hand on this issue? thanks

BTW how can I download the srec file by redboot into the system RAM by using
the hyperterminal not by using the Insight GDB?