LWIP with SLIP and test executables - How to test the connection?

Hi,

I am trying to get SLIP working, using lwip, on my ARM evaluator 7T board.

I could not succeed and have some questions:

About Test Executables:

Is httpd not working? What is the problem with this?
How can I test udpecho, tcpecho and socket? What type of a client do I need on
my host to test them? Also how do I ping LWIP?

I set my serial line to be a network interface and I am using some simple
socket client program on my linux pc but it doesn't
work.(some simple linux tcp socket client example) Maybe I am not using the
appropriate client?

Also about serial netif:

Basically /dev/ser0 is used by gdb and /dev/ser1 is for my SLIP connection.

I have hard coded /dev/ser1 in lwip slip code to ensure this.
/dev/ser1 device is found in the slipif.c code, also the execution goes
through sio.c file, the init function etc. So I assume connection between
lwip and slip is OK. (or should I not?)

Thank you indeed.
Bahadir