Question about building reboot on RedHat 8.0 system using ecosconfig

I've been tasked with investigating porting redboot to
a PPC platform and was in the initial stages of my
investigation.
The first stage is to see how the build process goes,
so I downloaded the source from AnonymousCVS and
attempted to build an existing configuration first.  I
tried building the Motorola MBX configuration and used
the instructions given in the "redboot users
guide.pdf".  I am using the ecosconfig tool as
instucted with the following environment variables:
   TARGET = mbx
   ARCH_DIR = powerpc
   PLATFORM_DIR = mbx
I've also created a new directory as instructed where
the build will proceed.  When I run
   ecosconfig new $TARGET redboot
I get the following error message:

/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/devs/serial/powerpc/quicc/current/cdl/ser_qui
cc_smc.cdl, package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC
    Property include_files, missing arguments.
Package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC, 1 error
occurred while reading in the CDL data.

I am running ecosconfig 1.3.1.

Is there an incompatibility problem between this
version of ecosconfig and RedHat 8.0?

I have tried many of the other configurations shown in
Chapter 5 of the redboot users guide all with similar,
but not exactly the same, errors.

Any suggestions?