Re: bug about MPC8260 FEC driver?

I have found that once I got the Cache control macro working, I could take the lines of code in question out of the driver. There is a note in the fec driver which Gary mentions about a problem with the MPC860 data cache. Since we started with that driver to write this one, we ended up leaving the code to disable the data cache.

Gary, please correct me if I am wrong about why that cache disabling code is in the FEC driver.

As soon as a get a few free cycles, I will be putting together a patch for some minor tweaks to the MPC8260 port.

At 06:51 AM 3/3/2003 -0700, Gary D. Thomas wrote:
On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 23:45, He HaiYang wrote:
> I use below command to get source tree.
>     cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
> I think it is the lastest.
>
> In fact, I couldn't see other version of if_fec.c in its log.

I missed the fact that you are using QUICC2, sorry.  That driver
was contributed and has not seen the same level of testing or
improvements.

Try looking at devs/eth/powerpc/fec/current/src/if_fec.c to see how
to fix it up.

Note: sending six (6) copies of the same email was not necessary.

--
| Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development |

Paul Fine Senior Member of Technical Staff Delphi Communication Systems, Inc. 2 Clock Tower Place Suite 310 Maynard MA, 01754 pfine at delcomsys dot com