Re: Question about building reboot on RedHat 8.0 system usingecosconfig

Louis Gagne wrote:
That has fixed the problem, but now the makefile
doesn't run.

After first modifying the ecos.ecc file to use
powerpc-linux instead of powerpc-eabi as the command
prefix I was able to at least get gcc started on the
first file.  But still the compile chokes on the first
file.  Now it can't find a file, ppc_offsets.inc:

make -r -C hal/powerpc/arch/current
/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/buildout/install/include/cyg/hal/ppc_offsets.inc
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/buildout/hal/powerpc/arch
/current'
powerpc-linux-gcc -msoft-float -mcpu=860 -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototyp
es -Winline -Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2
-ffunction-sections -fdata-secti
ons -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc
-finit-priority  -I/home/lgagne/ecoscv
s/ecos/buildout/install/include
-I/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc
/arch/current
-I/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/arch/current/src
-I/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/arch/current/tests
-I. -Wp,-MD,
ppc_offsets.tmp -o hal_mk_defs.tmp -S
/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/pow
erpc/arch/current/src/hal_mk_defs.c
cc1: unrecognized option `-Woverloaded-virtual'

This looks like the problem where your tools are located in a different place from where they were originally configured to be installed. You can move them back there or make a symlink, or recompile with the location you want them at.

Jifl