SCC driver for 8xx PowerPC processors

Hi,

I have an A&M Viper board which has a RS-232 serial port on SCC1, and a
debug port on SMC1.  I need to use the SCC1 port on the Viper but there
is only a serial driver for SMC1 in eCos.  I've ported the SCC1/2 eCos
driver for the 8260 PowerPC to the 8xx PowerPC processor (It seemed
easier than porting from the 8xx SMC1/2 driver) but I'm not sure the
best way to integrate the driver into eCos.

When I ported the driver, I created a new directory
\packages\devs\serial\powerpc\quiccscc which had a ser_quicc_scc.cdl
file and a quicc_scc_serial.c and .h files in the proper directory
structure.  I set up the QUICC SCC driver as a package separate from the
QUICC SMC package.  However, when I tried to make the configuration when
both SMC1 and SCC1 were enabled, the cdl files for both added a
CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER define into the system.h file and I got
compile warnings because of the duplicate define.

Is this the best way to do this or should the SMC and SCC QUICC drivers
be in the same file?

Also, once I have tested the driver, how should I submit this to the
eCos maintainers?  As an .epk file?  To the eCos patch list?  I assume I
need to fill out a copyright assignment and employer disclaimer?  Should
this still be sent to the Legal Department at Red Hat?

Paul Randall
Delta Information Systems