Re: Re: Build help please ?

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 11:14, Geoff wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 10:05, Geoff wrote:
> > Hello Gary
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response
> >
> > I am using the Windows config tool. After getting the new snapshot I went
> > into the Config tool then selected the Viper board from the Templates menu
> > (default packages). I also clicked on repository to point at the new ecos
> > folder
> >
> > Then I clicked on clean as it seemed a logical thing to do at this point,
> > then just hit F7 to build the library.
> >
> > Did I miss something from the correct procedure ?
>
> >Odd - I just did this here, even using the ConfigTool, and
> >had no problems.
>
> >Did you try this in a totally new/empty build directory?
>

> Hi Gary
>
> I hadn't deleted my build directory from my first attempt as I didnt think
> it was necessary as I clicked on "clean" before I tried to rebuild with the
> new snapshot.
>
> I have now just tried again. Firstly I deleted the build folder and also re
> unzipped the *.tar snapshot for good measures too
>
> Followed the same procedure as before, but now it Builds OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Great, but I am still puzzled
>
> Question 1)
> Why did I need to delete the build folder ?

The build process is known to have problems with dependencies,
especially when the configuration changes [drastically like it did for
you].

> Question 2)
> e:/ecossnap/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/quicc/current/src/quicc_smc1.c has the
> header include as <cyg/hal/quicc/ppc8xx.h>
>
> I don't even have a  quicc subfolder under e:\ecossnap\ecos\packages\hal
> should I ? or is that header line wrong and another Include directive from
> the build manages to resolve where ppc8xx.h really is ?

This is all handled by the CDL.  The file
  hal/powerpc/quicc/current/include/ppc8xx.h
will get copied to the appropriate place when you create the
configuration.

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |