Re: FOSDEM 2003 report

David N. Welton wrote:

However I know Bart has plans to try and do more TCL/Tk things,
particularly given the future requirements of CDL scripts. However
pretty much everyone else doesn't like the non-native look-and-feel
of TK widgets.

My impression was that modern Tcl/Tk versions have pretty good native
look and feel on Windows.

The omens aren't good on Unix when it comes to GNOME/GTK or KDE, but perhaps that's a little too much to hope :-).

Does anyone have an example of a really good Tk app on Windows? With screen shots? I've found TkPaint <http://mars.netanya.ac.il/~samy/tkpaint.html> which I admit looks better than I remember from the last time I ran TCL, but some of the fonts still look odd for example (could be that particularl user's setup).

Although the other factor I didn't mention but is relevant to consider is drawing/update speed. Tk apps have had a tendency to feel slow and clunky. If this is all resolved then indeed going with Tk would be perfectly alright IMO!

Jifl