--with-gxx-include-dir option

Hi,

I know this is a GCC problem, but I thought some of you guys out there might
be able to help. I'm tring to run ecos on my board, and I'm stuck at
building the toolchain.

I am currently trying to build the toolchain for my mipsisa32-elf target, on
a redhat linux machine.

No problems with binutils.

Building GCC though gave me problems when i use the --with-gxx-include-dir
option to configure GCC, as stated in "Building  a toolchain for use with
eCos" under the GCC build instructions. Its either segmentation fault, or
some internal compiler error etc.

I've then removed the  --with-gxx-include-dir option and everything went
well.

My question is , if the option is necessary, and what impact does it have on
my system if I were to remove it?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Teo Han Wei