Re: Re: Questions about eb40a port

Hi Wilson!

* wkhto at engmail dot uwaterloo dot ca <wkhto at engmail dot uwaterloo dot ca> [Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:52:58AM -0500]:
> Hi Konsti
>
> I used the eco2.0 b1 and the tools in the same package to compile my source
> code. I try that on both Linux and Cygwin, it works!! I don't have external

Aha, thats good to know :-)

> For the RAM version:

Do you mean internal RAM or potentional attached external RAM?
Well, yes, modifying the ram file for the internal RAM...

> I made some change to the .ldi file and the .h file for the RAM

My question is, did you apply any eb40a patches or are you talking of
/ecos/packages/hal/arm/at91/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_arm_at91_eb40_ram.[h|ldi]
of the ecos-2.0b tree?

> I try that and it works!!

Two final Questions and I have much to play @work on monday :-):
What gcc version did you use, is it save to use 3.2.2 or is it more save
to use 2.95.3? Today I switched my arm-elf toolchain to gcc-2.95.3
anyhow...
What commands did you pass two arm-elf-gdb to download the redbbot.elf
to the eb40a? Any enabling or changing of registers or so?

> This morning I try to work on the ROMRAM version, it seems working fine too.

Good Luck!

> For the ROMRAM version, you have to make sure the flash, ram and the data copy
> section is correct for your eb40a configuration. Take a look at the
> hal_platform_setup.h file to make sure it matches with your configuration

*gnarf* 1st I am desperately trying to fire up redboot_RAM, then I will
help in the flash part :-)

Konsti

--
Kletschke & Uhlig GbR: