sdtin/stdout/stderr redirection

Hi,

I have created a filesystem over PCI which actually allows the Hosted PCI board running eCos to access the Filesystem of the Host (running Linux).
Now I would like to know if it is possible to redirect dynamically eCos sdtin/stdout/stderr to some other fd than the usual 0,1,2.
My idea is to open the Linux stdin,sdtout,stderr and to affect the fd obtained through my filesystem to the eCos ones.

Philippe