network problems

Hello,

    I have been working with rCos for about a month now.  My target hardware
is a PC with an Intel ethernet card and 2 serial ports.

    I am attempting to port existing embedded FW from a commercial RTOS to
eCos.
    I can successfully build and run redboot and run my application using a
serial port.  However I can't get ethernet support to work for me.

    I have my FW configured to share the ethernet port with redboot, redboot
using the IP address 192.168.1.222 and the application using the IP address
192.168.1.223.  I can ping both addresses!

    I start a thread to read from the ethernet port.  The thread does the
following, all successfully:

        TCPComm.socket_no = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0)

        bind(TCPComm.socket_no, (struct sockaddr *)&sin, sizeof(sin) )
        listen(TCPComm.socket_no, 3)
        TCPComm.socket_active = accept(TCPComm.socket_no, (struct sockaddr
*)&sin, (socklen_t *)&sin_len))

I then try the following:
     FD_ZERO(&fd_read);
     FD_SET(TCPComm.socket_active, &fd_read);
     select(1, (fd_set *)&fd_read, (fd_set *)0, (fd_set *)0, (struct timeval
*)NULL)
     cmdSize = recvfrom(TCPComm.socket_active, (void *)Cmd, sizeof(Cmd), 0,
(struct sockaddr *)&sin, (socklen_t *)&sin_len);

However, select never returns when I send the device a message!

Is there a good example for this type of service?
I am confused about the network documentation.  The 2.0b reference doesn't
document recvfrom!
I am also unable to set my socket to non-blocking IO.  How is this done with
eCos?