Re: network problems

> If I make a netstat on the host, which wants to close the connection,
> it says the state is FIN_WAIT1 and if I make a snmpnetstat to the eCos
> board, it says the state is still ESTABLISHED.
>
> After that I have looked at tcpdump and I have seen there was no packet
> from the host after closing connection, so the eCos board seems to have
> no chance to recognize that the host wants to close the connection.

Something not right here. I don't have the TCP state machine to hand,
but i would expect the host to send a FIN packet when it transitions
from ESTABLISHED to FIN_WAIT1. The target should respond to this and
send back a response and change its own state. This will then put the
host into another state, probably FIN_WAIT2.

I would check what's is on the wire and see how that compares to what
should happen in a tcp tair down.

       Andrew