Re: eCos and SCSI drivers?

John Clark wrote:

Am Montag, 14.04.03, um 08:45 Uhr (US/Pacific) schrieb Jonathan Larmour:

John Clark wrote:

The question is pretty simple, are there any scsi drivers for eCos?

Not in the main sources, nor that I've heard from anyone else.

Is there anything of an IDE driver? My interaction with eCos has
been only via Redboot, and I recall something of reference to an
IDE piece of code for booting.

But an IDE driver might give me an idea on how I can do a SCSI
driver.

RedBoot has a simple IDE interface, but it isn't for generic use - just for RedBoot. You can obviously munge the code to do what you want, but it isn't really there, and it's really the structure that you want for SCSI, not the IDE-ness.

eCos unfortunately doesn't yet have a proper block device abstraction in the manner that would be found in other OS's. io/common/current/include/devtab.h defines a BLOCK_DEVIO_TABLE but there's much that is unspecified like the generic properties of block devices like device size, block size, etc.etc. never mind disk specific layer things like partitions and cylinders/heads/sectors. So there's much to do here.

Jifl