Re: How to include standard library functions.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 02:18:17PM -0700, Louis Gagne wrote:
> I'm trying to include standard library functions such
> as malloc(), free(), strcpy(), memset() and error
> codes.  I've #include'ed the appropriate include
> files, but the prototypes still aren't found.  Looking
> in some other code modules, such as the jiffs, I found
> the following in the dot-cdl files:
>     requires       CYGINT_ISO_MALLOC
>
>     requires       CYGPKG_ISOINFRA
>     requires       CYGPKG_ERROR
>     requires       CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO
>     requires       CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO_CODES
>

> Adding these to my own dot-cdl file only results in
> "constraints not satisfied" errors.

What template are you using.

Adding requires statements just says that this functionality is
required by the configuration. It does not automagically cause the
requirements to be fullfilled. To do that you need to add packages to
the configuration. In this case, you need packages "CYGPKG_ERROR" and
"CYGPKG_ISOINFRA".

Most templates include these, so im surprised you don't have
them. Hence the question as to what template you are using.

      Andrew