USB slave ethernet device driver

Before I go digging through this too much, I thought I would toss out the
question...

It appears that the USB slave ethernet driver has not been updated to
reflect the new network stack.  That is, when I attempt to build an ecos (I
picked assabet as a platform, just because it sounded good at the time) with
the "net" template, I get compile errors.  But when I use the "old_net"
template, I don't.

Before I go charging off fixing the compile errors, I just wanted to
check...

Is this to be expected?
Has anybody else fixed this already?
Is it worth fixing?
Does anybody have a list of things that change when switching from "old_net"
to "net"?  (i.e. "don't include "netstuff.h" anymore -- just include
"net.h", or whatever).

--wpd