RE: [openrisc] Re: OpenRISC eCos package

> Is it possible to configure eCos with defines? E.g. as it is done in
gdb?

Yes, although the discussion we were having seemed to be focused on CDL,
which is the constraint-based package definition language used to
configure eCos.  There are both command-line and GUI versions of the
tools that manipulate eCos configurations.

See this link for screen snapshots of the GUI eCos configuration tool:

http://www.wxwindows.org/screen52.htm

> or1ksim has an option to generate C header file from sim.cfg. This was
> created just for this kind of purposes.

That's an excellent idea.  I think we still need to have CDL options,
though, to allow developers to override the hardware description in
sim.cfg, e.g. to use less memory than is available or to disable
peripherals.

-Scott