Re: Calling exit in a Redboot standalone Arm program

> Pierre Habraken wrote:
>> Mark Salter wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>> Something to watch out for is that any patch not break the ability to
>>> quit GDB and return to the RedBoot prompt.

> Haven't tried it so I'm probably way off base, but could this maybe simply
> be done by making the code in question just be:

>         __send_exit_status((int)arg1);
>         CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN(arg1);

This isn't way off base, but it won't work right now. The context used by
CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN is only setup through the 'go' command right
now. The return back to stub is handled by saving a context on the first
entry to the stub and then restoring that context when a 'k' packet is
received from GDB. We could get rid of that mechanism (good riddance) and
setup a context for CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN before entering the stub.

--Mark