Re: Calling exit in a Redboot standalone Arm program

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > PS: I'd like to be able to step by step in RedBoot in order to
> > understand better how it operates, but up to now I failed to run
> > it as a RAM image: I built it using cdl options
> > CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR (inferred_value 1) and CYG_HAL_STARTUP
> > (user_value ROM) and load it at address 0x10000, but it does not
> > want to start (using E7T BSL command 'go'). Any idea someone ?...
>
> If those options are set for a ROM it will want to have been loaded in
> ROM. To build for RAM you have to disable CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR and
> set CYG_HAL_STARTUP to RAM, not very surprisingly really!
> Only the latter is required in fact as CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR should
> set itself accordingly.

Sorry, it's a copy/paste mistake : I pasted in my message the contents
of the redboot_ROM.ecm file though I actually rebuilt RedBoot using a
modified file (redboot_RAM.ecm) with option CYG_HAL_STARTUP set to RAM
(unless I made the same kind of mistake when importing the .ecm file)...
I'll make a new trial.

Pierre