Re: newbie with a board

John Clark wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 23.04.03, um 03:21 Uhr (US/Pacific) schrieb Bob Koninckx:

reason being that you 'd have to start porting the GNU compiler to it
first. And that's still considered to be _hard_ for anything else but 32
or 64 bit architectures.

So, I can't get eCos up for my PDP-11's... then there's the Z80,

:-) We don't have any religious objection to supporting non-GCC ports, but obviously at this point it's pretty difficult and with requirements like C++ constructor priority ordering, or even just requiring arbitary sections which not many other executable formats than ELF can do, there are going to be difficulties.

Jifl