Re: [OT] JTAG and the Wiggler in linux

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Roland Caßebohm wrote:

> I have also tried as follows:
>
> jtag> cable parallel 0x378 WIGGLER
> Initializing Macraigor Wiggler JTAG Cable on parallel port at 0x378
> jtag> detect
> jtag>
>
> But then I get no answer from detect.
>
> I think our processors are not supported :-(
>
> JTAG-aware parts (chips):
> - Atmel ATmega128 (partial support)
> - Broadcom BCM1250
> - Hitachi SH7727
> - Intel IXP425
> - Intel SA1110
> - Intel PXA250/PXA255
> - Intel PXA261/262
> - Xilinx XC2C256-TQ144
> - Xilinx XCR3128XL-CS144
> - Xilinx XCR3256XL-FT256
>
> To bad, this is just what I'm searching for.

The AT91r40008 (and all arm7tdmi cores AFAIK) do not support the full
JTAG. However, it does support enough to perform rudimentary debugging
(e.g. OCD Commander works).

I was digging around today and stumbled upon this:

http://www.ocdemon.com/gdb_mods.tgs

These are the mods Macraigor Systems have made to GDB to support the
wiggler. Hmm. I wonder if anyone has tried applying these files (they're
not patches) agains the current gdb source?

Scott