RE: eCos Support for IBM PowerPC 405GP

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I already saw what you pointed out.  I have gone
though Anthony Massa's book and found similar references to PPC40x but no
specific board level targets.  How would the HAL have been tested?

> This normally
> means that some customer contracted RedHat to port eCos to a customer
> specific board. The generic parts, namely the HAL variant, have been
> released to the public, but the rest has not been released.

This is very interesting.

So far I am finding it difficult to contact Red Hat to get any details.
When I sent an email to them they responded :

> Your mail to 'Sales-ap' with the subject
>
>    Interest in eCos

> The reason it is being held:
>
>     Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.

No response to my email for over a week, or any news on "the moderator's
decision".  Contacting them by phone only gets me voice mail.

I searched the mail archive and found similar questions from two people
previously, but I found no responses.

Would you happen to have a specific contact at Red Hat that may be a
starting point for finding out more information?

Thanks,

Tom.