help for a ecos beginner

Hi there,

I am a student at Heriot Watt University and I am doing a project, which
uses eCos. My university recently purchased a copy of eCos and the tools
from yourself, which have finally given me a break through with the eCos.
Being a beginner with eCos and Unix has made any progress very hard as I
wasn?t able to build all the tools properly. Getting my hands on the tools
from eCoscentric have been really helpful cheers guys (the configuration
tools is super!). I have some problems though and I have been on line to
try to gather information but with no luck so I thought I might ask the
experts some questions.

My project is quite simple all I want to do is to put an operating system
on to an ARM e7t board (or aeb-1, I have both), maybe do something with the
Ethernet controller. I want the board to be able to detect data on the
serial port. I want to run one of my programs using this data. But the most
important is to get the operating system on the board and have it running
at boot-up.

Here are my queries (I apologise if some of them are stupid)

1.	What is a GDB stub and do I need to UU encode it for download to
board. And is the stub an image of the components I choose at the build?
2.	There are two different templates for arm (PID and e7t), which
should I use?  There seems to be more information about the PID.
3.      when I build a stub and try to download the file to the arm borad
the hyperterminal shows some progress and thean a lot of xxxxxx and hangs
up do anyone how to overcome this?
4.	How would I go about including my own c program in the build?

any help in the matter would be much appreciated, or if you could point me
to some help full information or case studies similar to mine.

Thanks for any help

Fredrik

            --------------- F R E D D A N---------------
                ------------------------------------
                      ------------------------

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
not endorsed by it.