Re: Libraries for printf

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:30:07PM +0200, Michele Portolan wrote:
> I'm building eCos for Leon and I would like to use the "printf" standard
> function: do I need to include all ISO C libraries?
> If I use the "minimal" template I got a "Warning, implicit declaration of
> function printf" and an executable file os 100k, while to avoid the warning
> I must include all ISO C and reach 450kbits.
> It is a little big, isn't it?

Try starting with template minimal. Then add the following packages:

    package CYGPKG_LIBC current ;
    package CYGPKG_LIBC_STDIO current ;
    package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N current ;
    package CYGPKG_LIBC_STRING current ;
    package CYGPKG_LIBC_STDLIB current ;

You can then customize the ecos.ecc file. Eg you can leave out
floating point support in printf if you don't need it etc.

printf, will, vsnprintf which is what does all the real work, is a
complex function, so it will be big...

        Andrew