Re: AT91 HAL Reorganized

"Ryan Press" <ryan@presslab.us> writes:

> Nick Garnett said:
> >
> > For those interested in the AT91:
> >
> > I have just committed an extensive patch to anoncvs that reorganizes
> > the AT91 HAL. This is mostly from the work done by Thomas Koeller with
> > the EB40A work from Tim Drury. I have also added EB42 and EB55
> > support.
> >
> > See the patches list for the details.
> >
> > If there are any important changes that I have missed, please point
> > them out.
> >
> > Enjoy...
> >
> > --
> > Nick Garnett                    eCos Kernel Architect
> > http://www.ecoscentric.com/     The eCos and RedBoot experts
> >

> Hi Nick,
>
> I have patched the EB40 port to support the EB63, although I did this a
> few months ago.  Could you include support for the EB63 in the cvs as
> well?  I can send you my patched files.  Thanks..

Certainly -- in theory. There are a couple of thing you need to do
before we can include your patches.

First, this is likely to be bigger than the minimum size for which we
need a copyright assignment. Take a look at the eCos website for
details on how to do this. This is a tedious but necessary piece of
paperwork we need to go through.

Second, take a look at the current platform HALs, the EB55 for
example, and make sure your EB63 HAL conforms. Some of the things you
need to make sure of are:

1. The CDL file contains a line of the sort:

    requires      { CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AT91 == "M63200" }

   "M63200" also needs to be added to the definition of
   CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AT91 in the variant CDL file.

2. Define the correct base addresses for the on-chip devices in
   plf_io.h. You may also need to add some definitions to var_io.h in
   the variant HAL, particularly in the area of the PMC.

3. The PLATFORM_SETUP macro initializes the peripheral clocks and sets
   the PIO pins correctly so that both USARTs and the LEDs work.

4. That hal_platform_ints.h has the right interrupt assignments.

5. That the files in include/pkgconf reflect the memory configuration
   of the board.

6. Ensure that both ROM and RAM RedBoots work, and that RedBoot can be
   programmed into the upper half of flash and will run correctly when
   JP1 is set to USER.

There may be a few other thing I cannot remember right now.

Since I don't have an EB63, we are going to have to take your word
that it all works :-)