debug TCP/IP?

hi,every one.
How can I debug the ecos TCP/IP stack? not just test it.because if i test failed,how can i trace and resolve the problem?

BRs/johnsonest

From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
To: 张 亮 <johnsonest@hotmail.com>
CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: microtime() in ecos tcp/ip
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:33:22 +0100

张 亮 wrote:
> hi,
> in ecos tcp/ip stack, in support.c,these three functions was like
this:

> void microtime(struct timeval *tp)
> {
>    panic("microtime");
> }
>
> void
> get_mono_time(void)
> {
>    panic("get_mono_time");
> }
>
> void csignal(pid_t pgid, int signum, uid_t uid, uid_t euid)
> {
>    panic("csignal");
> }
>
> I want know whether they was be called at real condition?

This is the older TCP/IP stack in net/tcpip only that is like this. The
bsd_tcpip stack is okay.

From what I can see, only one of those functions could be called in real
conditions. microtime() could be called if an ICMP timestamp is requested;
get_mono_time() is only used by the ipv6 code in the old net stack, and so
is irrelevant since IPv6 is not supported for it anyway; and csignal will
never be called.

If you want to submit a patch against the old net/tcpip stack to fix
microtime() you could, although that isn't a high priority for us so it
probably won't happen unless you do it.

Jifl