Re: read com0 on e7t

Where does it block ? Isn't it just "waiting" for input to come in on
the serial interface, 'cause that would be normal behaviour. What
happens when data effectively comes in ?

Bob

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 14:18, F.T.Nilsson@hw.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application which reads on com0 on e7t and eventhoughthe message
> is a bit strang it works. However I want to poll com0 until a message is
> sent so I put the cyg_io_read(..) in a loop but the program hangs when
> entering this function (due to the loop).
>
> can anyone help me?
>
> cheers
>
> Fred
>
> static void poll_com0(CYG_ADDRESS data)//
> {
>    Cyg_ErrNo err;
>    printf("in poll_com0");
>
>     char mybuff[100];
>     cyg_uint32 len2 = strlen(mybuff);
>
> while(len2 == 0)
> {
>     err= cyg_io_read(handle_ser0, mybuff , &len2 );
>     len2 = strlen(mybuff);
> }
>
>   if (ENOERR == err) {
>     printf(" read on ser0\n");
>     printf("Mybyff = %s\n", mybuff[0]);
>   }
>
> }
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
> whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
> you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
> in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
> your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
> Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
> for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
> viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
> conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
> relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
> not endorsed by it.
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma