Re: eCOS(fixed_vector section) realted GNU question. Thanksa lot.

QiangHuang wrote:
Q1.
The fixed_vectors section is marked as "CONTENTS, READONLY" Does this mean
this section is not to be loadded with the initialisation (default value)?
And I checked with the a.srec(using arm-elf-objcopy) file and noticed that
there is nothing to be loadded into this memory address (start from 0x20),
so I guess that this section is not loadded with anything when the program
to be loadded into memory. So when loading the RAM based ecos application
the content of this memory address (0x20) left as it was intialissed by
RedBoot(virtual vector).  Am I right?

Yes.

Q2.
when defining this section as:

hal_virtual_vector_table:
        .rept   CYGNUM_CALL_IF_TABLE_SIZE
        .long   0
        .endr

Is the ".long 0" stand for the default value is "0"? If so why this section
is defined with **default value** but not end up in the binary?

Because of the section flags on .fixed_vectors. And there needs to be _some_ value in there so the linker knows the size (this isn't always required, but is helpful so the linker can tell us if anything overlaps with it).

> or the
default value get loadded into 0x20? Does it matter if this changed to
".long 0x12" (does this will cause 0x12 to be loadded into that address)?
 maybe I am wrong with assembly language directive).

The value doesn't matter as it never gets used. The table is initialized separately. Look at hal/common/current/src/hal_if.c and search for CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE

Jifl