Re: correcting RTC

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 15:03, Aaron Richardson wrote:
> How do I go about dialing in the RTC to the correct time?  I see that I can
> change the period, numerator, and divisor; but I dont know what to set them
> to exactly.  Is there some test that tells me what to set it to?  Or do I
> just run a really long delay and time it, and then make calculations off
> that?

You should be able to look at the documentation for the timer chip
you are using and figure out what the count value will be for the
particular tick setup.  The default is for 10ms/tick (the divisor value
of 100).  If you look at some other HALs, you can see that some are
hard-wired while others are calculated based on such things as the
system clock xtal frequency, etc.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>