From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Jonathan
Larmour
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 6:03 AM
To: Retallack, Mark (Poole)
Cc: 'goran pantar'; 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Importing .ecm files automatically

Retallack, Mark (Poole) wrote:
>> I'm looking for a way to import .ecm file automatically after the
template
>> is loaded. Is that at all possible.
>> (I'm using eCosConfigTool on Windows)
>>
> I needed to do the same sort of thing for our build system. We needed to
> create 3 different versions of Redboot and the kernel and did not want
lots
> of separate ecc files to have to keep up to date with each other.
>
> I did try using the tcl include command inside the ecc file, however
things
> went very strange. I also found that save will save the combined result
and
> not just the original one.
>
> The final solution was to use the command line tool ecosconfig and have
one
> ecc file that was the master and patch files containing the different
> settings.

Ouch. That sounds painful, and unfortunately probably unnecessary.

Firstly, you can cheat and create a new template in the repository that
merges the original template and the .ecm file together. Then you can keep
with the windows config tool.

Or secondly, you can just use ecosconfig on the command line with
"ecosconfig import foo.ecm" - you don't need patch files.

I'd go for the first option if your repository is writable by you which
I'm sure it is for most people.

Jifl