Re: Re: Redboot builds correctly?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:50:18AM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> Perhaps I should have clarified my opening remarks. Redboot does build
> correctly, but this is using the GUI based configuration tool, and the
> resulting file, is indeed "redboot.elf". I examined the pulldown menus,
> regarding your suggestions, and I can't find them. I also examined the tree
> view displayed for the configuration file, and they don't seem to allow it.
> Oh there is a box for my requested file name, and type but it is greyed out.
> I'll keep looking.

Have you read packages/hal/i386/pc/current/cdl/hal_i386_pc.cdl ? Or
maybe you ecos.ecc file?

objcopy is only called under a few conditions. eg.

        cdl_option CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS {
            display "Build GDB stub loader image"
            default_value 0
            requires { CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "FLOPPY" }
            requires CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
            requires CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
            requires CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
            requires ! CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
            requires ! CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
            requires ! CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT
            requires ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
            requires ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM
            no_define
            description "
                This option enables the building of the GDB stubs for the
                board. The common HAL controls takes care of most of the
                build process, but the final conversion from ELF image to
                binary data is handled by the platform CDL, allowing
                relocation of the data if necessary."

            make -priority 320 {
                <PREFIX>/bin/gdb_module.bin : <PREFIX>/bin/gdb_module.img
                $(OBJCOPY) -O binary $< $@
            }
}

and

        cdl_component CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_BIN {
            display       "Build RedBoot binary image"
            no_define
            default_value 1

            cdl_option CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_BIN_FLOPPY {
                display       "Build Redboot FLOPPY binary image"
                active_if     CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT
                active_if     { CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "FLOPPY" }
                calculated    1
                no_define
                description "This option enables the conversion of the Redboot
                             ELF image to a binary image suitable for
                             copying to a floppy disk."

                make -priority 325 {
                    <PREFIX>/bin/redboot.bin : <PREFIX>/bin/redboot.elf
                    $(OBJCOPY) -O binary $< $@
                }
            }

            cdl_option CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_BIN_ROM {
                display       "Build Redboot ROM binary image"
                active_if     CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT
                active_if     { CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "ROM" }
                calculated    1
                no_define
                description "This option enables the conversion of the Redboot
                             ELF image to a binary image suitable for ROM
                             programming."

                make -priority 325 {
                    <PREFIX>/bin/redboot.bin : <PREFIX>/bin/redboot.elf
                    $(OBJCOPY) -O binary $< $(@:.bin=.img)
                    $(OBJCOPY) -O binary $(PREFIX)/bin/romboot.elf $(PREFIX)/bin/romboot.img
                    dd if=/dev/zero of=$@ bs=1024 count=64 conv=sync
                    dd if=$(@:.bin=.img) of=$@ bs=512 conv=notrunc,sync
                    dd if=$(PREFIX)/bin/romboot.img of=$@ bs=256 count=1 seek=255 conv=notrunc
                }