Re: -- please someone respond -- S3c2410x (ARM920T) HAL port

Hello Michael,

>> 1. Is this (ISR) needed for proper operation of Redboot (for example for
>> dispatching the gdb command like, "continue")?

The (a?) timer is used for multithreading in ecos. I do not know if it affects
the debugger, but if the serial port is not handled (also interrupt disabled?)
no debugging is possible of course.

>> Someone familiar with the ARM ports; can you tell me where exactly the I bit
in CPSR
>> is cleared; this will defiantly make my job easier.

For my EB40A board with atmel AT91S40008 controller (ARM7TDMI):
look in vector.s, there is a call to return_from_exception. There the cpsr
register is restored, e.g. the interrupt bit is enabled. (if the bit was
disabled, the interrupt would not have occured.

>> 1. After a continue command is issued in the gdb console, ...
The application loaded into redboot might take over the debugging stub and fail.
Does the redboot gdb stub works? Try that by using the step assembly command. (I
use insight). You should be able to step through the code until the point where
the vectors are initialised.

Eric