Re: Three questions from a beginner

Andrew Lunn wrote:

What do you mean by a memory pool? There is malloc, cyg_mempool_var_* and cyg_mempool_fix_*. The documentation for these last too sets seems to of disappeared. It used to be part of the kernel documentation, since these functions were part of the kernel code. But things got rearranged. Here is a reference to the old documentation:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-1.3.1/ref/ecos-ref.9.html#pgfId=1026735

Hmm... I've submitted a bug for this.

As for the other issue:
- About mq_open (POSIX Message queue), what is exactely the descriptor that
the function returns ? Do I affect memory by a malloc to conserve it or is
it only a handle ? (The stupiest question I think... isn't it ?)

It's only a handle (in our implementation it's an address of a data structure in fact - but that's not important to an application), and obviously you need it to use the message queue, but you don't need to preserve it with malloc.

Jifl