generating interrupts in ARM-PID (SID simulator)

Hello,

I am trying to generate external interrupts and handle
it on a ARM-PID configuration. I am using SID as the
simulator for ARM PID.Ofcourse, eCos is my RTOS.

>From the SID configuration file, I understand that
there is a interrupt controller which can be
associated with 32 interrupts.One of the output pins
of the interrupt controler is connected to the "nirq"
pin of the processor.
I use one the the interrutpt sources numbered "16" to
associate with an event whose occurance I want to
count.

Now, the problem is that I am unable to catch the
interrupt and process it using an ISR. Specifically, I
register my own ISR at the the vector 16. However, it
seems that I am unable to catch the interrupt.

Could anyone kindly advise where I am making the
mistake? Also, I m unable to figure out that if and
how eCos can be configured to use the 32 interrupts.
Afterall, there is only one nirq line. How are the 32
interrupts mapped? When, I check the hal_intr.h file,
I find that at max there can be 8 interrupts.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your time.

-Partha