Re: ecos for ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)

"Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
> >there. Did you get any error messages during the configuration?
> >

> Yea, after I chose the template & reboot packages, configtool reported
> config conflict & suggested 5 options & I chose them all without
> paying much atttension.
>
> This time I chose not to resolve the conflict by choosing "none" &
> then I imported the reboot_ROM.ecm, the conflict got automaticaly
> resolved & io_flash.h got generated. I guess I should pay more
> attension while resolving conflicts.

Yes, When using the GUI tool it is always best to wait until after
adding any packages or ECMs to resolve conflicts. I use the
commandline tool, which behaves this way by default.

> <worst things was> I searched for io_flash.h in ecos source rep. &
> didn't find it there. & searched for the key "io_flash.h" & didn't
> find it on any .cdl.  But, now I understant it
> line from io_flash.cdl: puts $::cdl_header "#include <pkgconf/system.h>"
> cdl_header == io_flash.h in this case

Yes, it's a generated file, like all the others in the pkgconf
directory.

> One more thing:
> I get these warnings.
> BFD: /root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_install/bin/redboot.img: warning:
> allocated section `.data' not in segment
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_build/hal/mips/atlas/current'
> BFD: /root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_install/bin/redboot.img: warning:
> allocated section `.ctors' not in segment
> BFD: /root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_install/bin/redboot.img: warning:
> allocated section `.devtab' not in segment
> BFD: /root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_install/bin/redboot.img: warning:
> allocated section `.sdata' not in segment
> BFD: /root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_install/bin/redboot.img: warning:
> allocated section `.lit8' not in segment
> BFD: /root/ecos_proj/mips/redboot_install/bin/redboot.img: warning:
> allocated section `.lit4' not in segment

I got this too. I believe it is the result of a benign bug in the BFD
library.