Re: eCos on the Dell 1184 AP?

> Has anyone considered trying to run eCos on the Dell 1184 wireless Access
> Point?  The box costs $72 retail, is shipped with Linux inside, and the
> processor is an ARM7 variety:

Is it running uClinux? The Samsung 4510B is supported by uClinux and eCos.

I found a samsung 4510B powered 4 port router/gateway for $29.95 at CompUSA.
www.compusa.com Item number 290331.
It has 512KB flash, 8 MB SDRAM stock and a ADMtek 5 port ethernet switch
chip. It will accept up to 4MB flash, (using 2MB myself) and I havn't
checked if one can upgrade the SDRAM yet given the layout pads. Both serial
ports brought out to headers (level shifting needed) and JTAG too.

Runs uClinux for the SNDS100 right out of the box! Network and all!

Im having problems with redbootROM for the SNDS100 booting up. I have
redbootRAM working by xfering it via JTAG to 0x20000 after uClinux comes up.
:) redbootROM is toggling some I/O so maybe this is interfering with the
hardware. Havn't looked at the problem yet as I have been busy with getting
redboot going on my EB40A and EB55 boards with extra memory.

> # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> Processor       : S3C4510/SEC arm7tdmi rev 0
> BogoMips        : 44.24
> Hardware        : <NULL>
>
> There's 16MB RAM and 2MB flash on the box.  There are also pins for adding
> a serial connector, if you've got a soldering iron.  We are collecting
> information on how the thing works, if anyone is interested.

I would be intrested.

> The biggest deal would be porting HostAP mode support to eCos.  I did some
> digging and found no information regarding HostAP mode or wireless support
> for eCos.  Is this an area of development, have I missed something, or is
> it not yet of interest?

I dont think anything has been contributed back to the repository if it has
been done at all .

Greg