redboot.img fails to boot up arm926ej-s system board

Hi,
     i m workin on porting Redboot Debug Monitor on my ARM926EJ-S system
board, now i am doing the platorm porting which is under testing stage..
  i have built the redboot image now which has the basic ecos HAL and a
serial driver implemented for this board. i m downloading the
redboot.img using a XLoader flash programming tool.
       later when i boot up my system using this redboot image i see no
output on my hyperterminal..i don`t understand where could be the
problem.
         btw, is it necessary that some hardware settings/support is
required for porting redboot monitor..coz i remember for eg: when i
want to use Angel debug monitor on the arm pid board, i had to change
some jumper settings..

   btw, my target board doesnot have Angel debug monitor support..it has
only ARM MultIce Debug support as of now.

   can some one give some clue how to check if my redboot image is built
correctly..or any suggestions related to the above task.

kindly reply
satish

--
Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>