isystem winIDEA

Hello,

I am using the Atmel AT91EB40A evalboard and the IDE + JTAG debugger from iSystem.

I am not sure how I can use these together with ecos.
I built RedBoot and programmed it to FLASH via JTAG. That worked fine. I can also build the ecos examples using the IDE winIDEA. I managed downloading them using gdb, RedBoot and the serial interface.
But how can I make use of JTAG debugging together with ecos? Do I always have to use gdb or is there anopther way using the isystem IDE? Is there a way to combine JTAG debugging and gdb (JTAG for low level, gdb for threads)?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk Eibach